Broad Objectives and Mission
This subsection will bring together specialists with interest in Multiple Sclerosis, Neuromyelitis optica, Post infectious CNS demyelinating disorders, Antibody associated Encephalitis, Vasculitis of the CNS and related disorders having an underlying autoimmune mechanism. Since it is yet to start functioning, the basic goals would be to sensitize and involve as many specialists as possible and develop common themes for improving knowledge of these less known disorders.
1. The members will work towards evolving common guidelines for diagnosis of these conditions and plan unified management strategies.
2. Establish local registries of patients within the hospital setting/ town of individual specialists in order to obtain crude prevalence of disease, phenotypic characteristics, response to treatment and follow up data.
3. Present data at regional and national meetings. Publish compiled data individually and from different centers in national and regional publications.
4. Disseminate knowledge regionally and locally by sensitizing allied specialties. For example- Ophthalmologists regarding optimizing of management for optic neuritis, pediatricians about newly emerging diseases such as pediatric Multiple Sclerosis and autoimmune encephalitis.
5. Improve knowledge and awareness in the community by aligning with local support groups especially for Multiple Sclerosis.
Any life member or life associate member of IAN
How to join?
By sending a Cheque/DD of Rs. 1000/- to Treasurer, IAN along with a request letter to the Convener. (Draft/Cheque should only in favour of "Indian Academy of Neurology")
Autoimmune CNS disorders subsection will provide a much needed platform for members of the academy to interact and improve knowledge, streamline the management of these varied disorders, and an opportunity for showcasing their work.
Convener :Dr. Lekha Pandit email: panditmng @gmail.com